FEBRUARY 18-26, 2023
BATTLE OF THE BREEDS
CATTLE SHOWS & SALES
ENTRIES DUE FEB. 5 JUNIOR STALL BID-OFF ASPIRING YOUNG CATTLEMEN COMMERCIAL TRADE SHOW RESULTS LIVE CATTLE DISPLAY
Rules & Info
Entry Fee: $150
Entry Fee Deadline: November 25, 2022
Classic Commission: 6%
Saturday, February 24, 2023: Show – 5 PM
Sale: 6:30 pm (Sale will follow the Steer & Heifer Scholarship awards.)
The Champion Heifer will receive a $500 cash award and the Reserve Champion Heifer will receive a $250 cash award.
- The $150 entry fee must be paid before an entry will be accepted. All entries are made on-line at NebraskaClassic.org
Commission on the Fancy Heifer Sale is 6%.
- All heifers must be checked in by Thursday, February 23 at 10 am. All heifers will be weighed and tagged. IF YOU ARE SELLING HEIFERS AS REGISTERED, YOU MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF REGISTRATION.
- The heifers will have a $40 bedding fee. All wood shavings are provided. NO straw is allowed on the Fairgrounds.
- All heifers must be weaned. Heifers must be born after January 1, 2022 and before May 31, 2022.
- All heifers must be calfhood vaccinated (Bangs) with vaccination dates provided.
They must meet the following health requirements:
- 5-way Lepto & Vibrio
- 7-way Blackleg
- IBR-BVD-PI3 Vaccine
- Internal and External Parasite Control
- Pregnancy Test mandatory on all entries and length of pregnancy certified on certificate of veterinarian inspection.
(Preg check required on all heifers.)
- If heifers are sold to a state which requires TB testing, then the consignor will be responsible for the test and care of the heifers until the TB testing requirements are met.
- All heifer calves purchased in the Sale are eligible to be shown in the Classic Junior Show.
- NCC Sale Terms & Conditions apply.
- Consignors and exhibitors at the NCC agree to hold harmless, for any and all liability arising out of accidents or injuries sustained at the show and sale, NCC, the Kearney Area Chamber of Commerce, Nebraska Cattlemen and the Buffalo County Agriculture Society.